Matt Baker (NYC) will be returning to Brisbane in January to perform and present one workshop at Doo-Bop.
*Highly recommended for vocalists, rhythm section players, and anyone wanting to advance their arranging skills!
“Learn Matt’s exclusive methodology for giving a standard new life with a fresh, contemporary arrangement”
Doors open at 9.30am. Start 10am
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Each participant will be given two songs in advance to familiarise themselves with, which will be used in the workshop.
- Matt will breakdown his process from the very beginning to the finished product, for taking a song out of its mould and into something new.
- While preserving the melody and lyrics, learn how to create a whole new bed of harmony and rhythm for a song.
- Numerous techniques to approaching a song differently and giving it new life.
- Areas covered will include intros, endings, interludes, verse, and most importantly – the head, melody and lyrics.
- Learn as we go how to score this for the band. (But each participant will be given a copy of the final score, so no need to write furiously in class).
$95 – Full price
$85 – Concession/students
$85 – Early bird price (bookings made before 5pm 3rd Jan)
$75 – Early bird price concession/students (bookings made before 5pm 3rd Jan)